Saturday, October 2, 2010

Unit 6 Response


Describe the exercise and assessment process. What did you discover about yourself? What area have you chosen to be a focus of growth and development? Why? What are some specific exercises or activities that you can implement to foster greater wellness in this area?

For me engaging in these exercises has been a little awkward as I feel it crosses beliefs with my religion. I also supposed it is hard for me to distinguish exactly this ‘line’ as I have not been an ‘active’ member of the church, but I still have the morals and beliefs instilled in me as I was growing up. I am also unsure of The Church’s thoughts towards meditation and these kinds of exercise asked to engage in with this book. It is hard for me to focus with these thoughts going through my mind as I both read the book and through the exercises. I do not know if it is anything I can control, but I get a sixth uneasy sense whenever this is asked of me. Perhaps it means in regards to this exercise, that I need to explore my psychospiritual aspect a little more, however even with that I am lost as I do not know where I belong at the moment. 

5 comments:

  1. Dana do not be discouraged if this is what's on your mind it will not hurt to explore further. Sometime when we come into the knowledge of new things the old knowledge is challenged. In that case I would delve deeper. One of the the things about self improvement is that it's just that. When you are comfortable with soemthing you then move onto the next thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana The assessment of your integral health was remarkable insight. I was curious if you felt this area affects your biological health. The Integral assessment areas play a part in our physical health as well. My psycho spiritual area affects my digestive tract. Do you feel it has affected you in a biological area? Comfort in knowing what makes us all unique is key. I am inspired to see your openness and internal assessment.
    Vicki D.
    Humanness and Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dana, I understand where your coming from. I honestly do not think it will cross a line will it considering that prayer is in a sense nothing but meditation. I know I am catholic and I do not go to church, but I do not think it changes things because its not religious its spiritual there is a difference. You should make sure though if thats what makes you comfortable...Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicki, when I get overstressed I suffer from headaches. Sometimes they last a couple of days depending on what I take for them. It has been harder to cope with them since I am pregnant. They seem to surface more when there is alot going on or I don't take time to relax and focus on myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dana; Since meditation stills, calms your mind, eliminate clutter/congestion, and eliminate mental chatter; I think it is really a good form of prayer. I really think meditation is very healthy for religion even Christianity. I would like to liken meditation to the 40 days and 40 nights of fasting for Jesus Christ. Because meditation takes away from all the noises, the commotions in life like T.V., the internet, or other social engagements. You could look at it as silent prayer (a Momemt in Silence); it actually gives you a unique connection with your Creator or God.

    ReplyDelete