Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
Unit 3:
Physical Well Being: 6- Currently being pregnant as much as I would like to work out my body is very much against the idea and it has made it hard to be as physically active as I was before I was pregnant. I still try to walk to and do things around the house so that I am not sitting on the couch doing nothing all day. My body lets me know when it needs to rest and I need to listen to it.
Spiritual: 8- I am in tune with my spiritual situation and my beliefs. I am where I want and need to be in respect to that part of my life.
Psychological: 10- I feel I am very aware of myself as a person. I have set goals for myself that I follow and I don’t let things overwhelm or hold me down. I tend to go with the flow of life and take things as they come. I never feel overstressed, depressed, or overwhelmed with anything that I know I cannot handle with time and patience.
Unit 10:
I haven’t moved much on the physical and psychological rating scale as I am still pregnant. Pregnancy hormones have been giving me a battle in the spiritual area as everyday demands are taking more effect on me and I have been feeling overwhelmed and irritated with things for no reason. So in my desires to bring closure to a situation I feel is important and my husband may think it is silly or unwarranted adds to my stress. I know my reaction may be silly but my hormones have different plans so its been a big mess.
Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
Unit 3:
Physical- Be able to complete/fulfill my physical fitness requirements for the Navy Reserve by June of 2011. I have 6 months from when the baby is due to be within standards and have to take the bi-annual fitness test.
Spiritual- Have a ‘me’ day. Being a stay at home mom and a military wife I find myself being a single mom a lot so I don’t have much time for myself or to pamper myself. Now that my husband is home I can make an appointment to have a much needed ‘me’ day and rejuvenate myself.
Psychological- Get the family on a general routine, where everyone knows what everyone is doing and doesn’t inconvenience anyone by making plans that conflict with one another’s. I hate having last minute things come up or that are forgotten that interfere with plans that had been previously made or set in place for a long time.
Unit 10:
Physical is still a work in progress as I am still pregnant. I have taken time for myself to go do things for ‘me’. I went and got my hair done last week, and have caught up on dentist appointments and other things that I have been needing to get done. Psychological is still a work in progress as well. With my husband not having a ‘set’ work schedule and sometimes having to schedule weekends around duty for him and Reserve drill for me it is hard to have a routine set to say we are going to do something on a certain day and time since other things seem to govern when we can plan our activities. It is just one of those things we have to deal with.
Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.
Persistence is the activity that I chose for well being in each of these areas. I feel I have been satisfactory in implementing this with my goals in the spiritual and psychological, as the physical aspect is on hold at the moment. I may be a little, I don’t want to say procrastinating, with the activities, but sometimes they have to be put on hold or rescheduled because something else comes up that takes priority. For example, my cousin is getting married next weekend and family that I only see once a year sometimes is going to be in Arizona for the wedding so we are taking the drive to be there both for the wedding and to see family. With this ‘extra’ expense as much as I would like to have the nursery complete for the baby next month (I see it as an emotional thing to benefit me as being ready for his arrival), it is going to have to wait until December. There are also birthdays for the 2 most important boys in my life (my husband and soon to be 4yr old son) next month.
Summarize your personal experience throughout this course. Have you developed improved well-being? What has been rewarding? What has been difficult? How will this experience improve your ability to assist others?
I feel I had a pretty good grasp on the holistic aspects of healing and how treating the body and person as a whole help to benefit health and healing with illness. It is still hard for me to see them incorporated into some aspects of health care or understand the role it would play. While the concepts are common sense, I see problems with them being fully implemented as people have seen health care and spiritual care as two different entities and integrating them may cause some cultural, ethnic, and moral issues.
Dana,You will be able to get back on track once you have your baby. I bet its hard right now while your carrying a baby to get around as much as you would like. This class has helped me learn alot also, I meditate several times a day. I used meditation when I gave birth, it was fantastic...Good Luck....Melissa
ReplyDeleteHi Dana,
ReplyDeleteCongratulations and good luck with your baby. I know that having a husband in the military can be a struggle, but hang in there and utilize all the support you have, maybe you and a friend can trade babysitting while you each take time to do some much needed pampering. I'm sure you will reach your future goals, you sound like a person that when they set their minds to do something it gets done.
Hi Dana; I like that you seem to know yourself very well. Each week, I was so much interested in what you had to let us know about your progress, set-backs, and achievements. And I was always inspired with your positive attitude and well grounded nature. It is the most wonderful thing in life to never feel overwhelmed or let things hold you down. Whatever is the secret, please pass it on to others; its a wonderful quality.
ReplyDelete